Leading in the Digital Age - March 20-April 30, 2017
The trends of the digital age make our organizations and their work more complex: With social media every move is public. Disruptive technologies fundamentally alter the playing fields of any organization. Stakeholders – both internal and external – have become empowered and want to have a say in decisions. Global interconnectedness makes the world ever more volatile and unpredictable. How can leaders achieve impact, drive change and foster innovations in this crazy world?
To answer this question, we will explore the challenges that the digital age poses and we then move to identifying ways to empower ourselves as leaders.
What You'll Learn
- Understanding how new trends are impacting your personal and organizational leadership challenges
- New ways of leading more successfully and having more impact as a leader (practical toolbox)
- Ways to lead with more ease and with less stress and tension
How This Course Works
- 5 week-long online course with maximum of 150 participants per cohort held on the NovoEd learning management system developed at Stanford, run by LEAD in partnership with Leaderosity / The Presidio Institute, San Francisco
- Innovative and experiential online learning based on video content, (remote) teamwork, peer coaching and individual reflection
- You should expect to spend 2-4 hours each week on course videos, assignments and interacting with your teammates
Who is this Course for?
- Leaders wanting to develop viable strategies, approaches and tools to master the new challenges of the digital age
- Leaders interested in gaining new perspectives on their role as a leader in an evermore complex world so they can lead with more ease and impact and under less stress and pressure
Founder and CEO of LEAD Academy
What drives me: I passionately support leaders from all backgrounds and all walks of life to have an impact in our world today and to change it for the better.
The impact I want to have with this course: We want to offer a convenient and innovative space for leaders to learn, grow and get ready to have an impact in the digital age.
My experience: I have built two social startups in Berlin – stiftung neue verantwortung and LEAD. Teaching and researching on leadership have been an essential part of my work, and I have gained valuable insights from practicing leadership myself. As a yoga teacher and practitioner I start to learn how to stay balanced in turbulent times.
CEO of LEAD Mindsets & Capabilities
What drives me: Curiosity and passion - when teaching I always learn and grow myself and I'm passionately trying to support the growth journeys of aspiring leaders.
The impact I want to have with this course: Help leaders develop an integral perspective on leadership and human resources - and their own growth trajectory towards impact in an evermore volatile world.
My experience: Prior to my position at LEAD, I spent 17 years at management consultants McKinsey & Company in Berlin and Dubai. As an Expert Partner and co-leader of McKinsey's organization and HR practice, I created the Mindsets & Capabilities Practice in Germany and McKinsey's Center for Leadership in the Middle East. In between my McKinsey years, I held a line management role as Vice President Corporate Management Development at Bertelsmann. Today, in addition to my role at LEAD, I am also an Adjunct Professor of Practice at the Central European University's School of Public Policy in Budapest.
LEAD Academy is a social business with non-profit status located in the heart of Berlin. We support leaders from the non-profit, business, academic and political sectors in assuming leadership for the public good. (www.lead.ngo)